Dietitians in Gluten and Gastrointestinal Disorders
Since its inception, DIGID has faithfully served its purpose to bring strong representation of gluten-related disorder to AND. In this short time, DIGID has brought together specializing dietitians to complete the Evidence Analysis Project, the Celiac Disease Toolkit, and soon to come will be a Certificate of Training in Gluten-Related Disorders. The pioneering leaders of DIGID have truly created widespread awareness among dietitians, industry, and government that has immeasurably improved care to patients with gluten-related disorders.
Now is the time to encompass even more practitioners and bring an equal level of evidence-based standards of care to the Academy for additional gastrointestinal disorders.
DIGID’s goals will continue to be:
- Establish and advance and standards of care in gastrointestinal disorders
- Work with federal and health agencies in establishing policies that are beneficial to persons with gastrointestinal disorders
- Develop education materials for patients and professionals
This year look for these upcoming enhancements to DIGID:
- Wider variety of newsletter articles
- Online resources for dietitians - handouts and websites
- Calendar of events for continuing education and patient support
- Speakers bureau
- Partnerships with industry
2021 Digestive Disease Nutrition Series
This virtual event is hosted by Dietitians in Gluten and Gastrointestinal Disorders (DIGID), a sub-unit of Dietitians in Medical Nutrition Therapy, with Dietitians in Nutrition Support (DNS), Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The event consists of ten presentations spanning five evenings on topics ranging from IBD and SIBO, to psychogastroenterology and intestinal rehabilitation.
Sunday, November 7 through Thursday, November 11, 2021, 7-8:30pm ET/4-5:30pm PT each evening
To view the full schedule of topics and presenters, visit the 2021 DDNS webpage.
*Schedule to be finalized, subject to change. Additional virtual events may be added.